Workshop: Create your own instrument
You can learn how to create your own kamalengoni in 4 days.
- In this workshop, you have the time to be introspective, expressive, creative…you make your own instrument, fully aware of all the steps.
- At the end of the workshop, time will be put aside so that you can learn the basics on how to play.
- You will leave with the joy of having created your very own instrument, an instrument in which the quality of the sound and sight are guaranteed.
- You don’t need to be extremely handy; the bridge and the neck are made for you before you arrive.
- The dates for 2022 are October 27 to 30 .
- The dates for 2023: April 20 to 23, July 27 to 30, August 17 to 20, October 12 to 15 .
The ngoni house offers private and group classes with the objective of helping you to quickly be able to play on your own.
- The long-term goal is for you to be able to use the instrument in creative expression.
- You will learn to understand and play short pieces of music and also, you will be taught fingering exercises. These various techniques will help you to deepen your capacity to listen and understand rhythm.
- The teacher can also come to your center (music academy, conservatory, festival) with several kamalengonis and offer different types of workshops.
CLASSES BY SKYPE, in French, English, and Spanish.
For several years now I have been playing the kamalengoni for mentally-challenged adults.
- With a reassuring shape, the color of the sounds soothes and calms. The instrument works wonders for mentally challlenged adults and helps to open the door to exploring music.
- By using the pentatonic scale, which means that the notes can all be played together, one can be easily guided towards introspection
- This instrument really does help one feel safe and secure with the pentatonic scale and soothing sounds. In this way everyone, musicians and non musicians, can feel the joy of music.
Enjoy and discover the Kamalengoni:
Discover in music.
- One of the amazing things about kamalengoni is that since the notes are all on a pentatonic scale, the instrument does not have any false notes. This means that you don’t necessarily need to be a musician in order to play.
- I think that the experience of learning and playing on your own should be shared with others. Since the instrument doesn’t have any false notes, it’s easy. And all the while, I am present, in order to guide the group in playing and exploring the instrument in a fun stress-free environment.
- I present the kamalengoni with words and with music and afterwards I encourage each participant to feel at ease and to let the creativity flow with this magical instrument.
- Listening, feeling, creativity, music, and fun guaranteed !